m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
Spicy Cinnamon Flatbread
I had some cinnamon sugar left over from making palmiers, so I went looking for a cinnamon flatbread to make with my refrigerator dough. I took the spice idea from this spelt flatbread recipe and the baking instructions from this Martha recipe (except that the oven temperature seemed to be in celsius for unknown reasons).
They came out looking a bit more like breadsticks than flatbread:
- 1 lb refrigerated Master Recipe or olive oil dough
- 2 T. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°, optionally with a bread stone and/or a broiler pan for steam on a lower rack.
- Roll dough out to 1/8" thickness.
- Slice into 1" strips with a pizza cutter or pastry wheel.
- Brush with olive oil and poke with a fork.
- Sprinkle with sugar and spice mixture.
- Optionally, pour a cup of water into the broiler pan.
- Bake 10–15 minutes.
I used an insulated cookie sheet instead of the stone.