m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
Having made cinnamon flatbreads that looked a lot like breadsticks, I wanted to make some actual breadsticks with my refrigerator dough. The artisan bread in 5 blog had several recipes for breadsticks; mostly I went with the Vote recipe.
- 1 lb refrigerated Master Recipe or olive oil dough
- garlic powder to taste
- coarse salt to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°, with a bread stone and a broiler pan for steam on a lower rack.
- Divide dough into 6–8 small balls. Roll each one out into a tube.
- Twist and lay on parchment paper.
- Brush each one with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
- Optionally, pour a cup of water into the broiler pan.
- Bake 18 minutes.