m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
This recipe is based on my beef and bean chili. I served it over yellow rice.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 c.)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-4 ancho chilies, stemmed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. chicken stock, or add water as needed
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ can (3 oz) tomato paste
- 1 15-16 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown onions and garlic in a large pan in the usual way.
- Brown turkey.
- Add spices and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add tomato sauce, liquid, and beans.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.