m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
This recipe began life as Garlic Roasted Potatoes by Ina Garten. But I think only the absence of garlic merits headline status in a vegetable recipe.
Garlic powder will stick to the potatoes better, but then you won’t have any burnt garlic bits left over to snack on.
- 1 ½ lbs red potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, diced, or ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix with garlic, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle artfully with cumin and paprika.
- Roast 45 minutes at 400°, stirring halfway through.
Combine with roasted green beans for the last 15 minutes.