m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...


I’ve downloaded my Instagram photos using Instaport and laid them out as Polaroids. The polaroid styling is based on Polaroids with CSS3 on Zurb and a similar post by Paulund. I tweaked them a little and added the handwriting font, a Google web font called Patrick Hand SC.

If you want to make your own, you can see and steal my CSS at the bottom of my main style file. Google has instructions for adding individual web fonts, or you can copy the link to the font from the source of the Polaroids page, near the top. Some grungier details follow; feel free to stop reading now.

I ended up putting the link list together manually because Jekyll still doesn’t include basic image gallery or file listing functionality and the plugins I tried didn’t work out—partly because I was unwilling to wipe out my macports directory to satisfy homebrew’s polite and clear but excessive requirements. I made the thumbnails with ImageMagick, which I happened to have lying around the Mac.

The export from Instagram didn’t capture my titles, so I added them manually and titled the untitled photos.