m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...


I tried sharing my Dutch Puff recipe and noticed how little metadata makes it through the process I use to convert my recipes into a Jekyll collection despite their having no YAML headers. I don’t think I’ve ever blogged about the process, but it’s adequately summarized in this Github comment I made to little effect once upon a time.

I didn’t find a good solution or write the hacky script I will eventually need to slip in some YAML after checkout. I did spruce up the menus and headers, added sub-tables of contents, and fixed some unrelated bugs I spotted in the meantime. (If the site looks broken, it’s probably a problem with cached CSS that can be cured by clearing your browser cache.)