m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
This recipe was inspired by an oversized 1.5 lb. salmon steak, which I cut in half down the spine line in order to put the skin side down. Quantities are approximate. It served two.
- 1 ½ lb. salmon
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T honey
- ½ T soy sauce
- ½ T lemon juice
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- generous dash hungarian paprika
- dash dill
- Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
- Cut the salmon steak(s) into the intended serving sizes.
- Mix remaining ingredients except dill in a baking dish.
- Rub all sides of salmon in the mixture, then arrange skin side down (if practical) in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with dill. Marinate as time allows.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness.
If you don’t have wasabi powder, powdered or fresh mustard will do.