m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
We got some whole dressed trout from Market Basket after a long day, so I adapted this recipe because it seemed quick and easy.
- 2 whole dressed trout (about 1 ½ lbs)
- olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp. dill
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- dash powdered safflower (a Portuguese spice)
- salt to taste
- 2 lemon slices (optional)
- pepper to taste
- 2 T. water
- Preheat oven to 375°F convection (400°F otherwise).
- Oil fish and a non-glass casserole.
- Coat fish inside and out with all spices except the pepper, and stuff with onion slices.
- Sprinkle pepper on top and place optional lemon slices on top of that.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Add water and bake 10 more minutes or until flaky.