m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
Soba Salad is based on a PopSugar recipe that had more and healthier ingredients. I cut it down in size and to the available ingredients, and also added a lot of eyeballing, since the dressing seemed excessive.
I made it to go with salmon poke instead of the usual sushi rice accompaniment; it was handy because it could (like sushi rice) sit on the counter while the salmon poke sat in the fridge waiting for dinnertime.
Serves 2, at room temperature.
- 2 rolls of soba noodles
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cube frozen minced ginger
- 1 cube frozen chopped cilantro
- garlic powder
- soy sauce
- handful toasted sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, sliced into rings
- Cook soba according to package directions and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, mix all liquid, spicy, and frozen ingredients.
- Toss it all together.