m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
Baked Turkey Tenders
This recipe drifted only a bit from Crispy Baked Turkey Tenders With Sweet and Spicy Glaze, mainly because I was low on panko and only had dried chilis.
- 1 ancho chili, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 T honey
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T flour
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 T soy milk
- 1 c. panko
- 1 lb. turkey tenders, optionally cut further into strips
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the glaze in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400° (convection).
- Mix the next three sets of ingredients in 3 large bowls.
- Pat the turkey tenders dry, then dust each one in the first bowl, dip it in the second bowl, and dredge it in the third bowl.
- Place all on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Flip and glaze, reserving a little glaze.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Glaze with any remaining glaze and serve.