m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
Orzo is Italian for barley, though it sounds like rice and is made of pasta. Orzo is sometimes called risoni (big rice). I moved it here to the rice chapter after the restructuring of the pasta chapter because it cooks like rice.
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. orzo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- handful of pine nuts (optional)
- Heat broth in a small pot.
- Toast pine nuts in dry sauce pan. Remove.
- Add oil to the pan and toast orzo in it.
- Add broth gradually, as with risotto.