m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
This is a coconut milk tapioca pudding from one of those giant Indian cookbooks. I have increased it from the original recipe up to one can of coconut milk. It’s especially handy for Passover.
The recipe can be made in a 2 quart pot, if you’re careful.
Total time: 1 ½ hours
- 1 1/9 c. tapioca
- water for soaking
- 3 1/3 c. water for cooking
- 1 ¼ c. sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 2/3 c. (1 can) coconut milk
- tropical fruits (optional)
- rind of 1 lime (optional)
- Soak tapioca in water for 1 hour.
- Boil cooking water.
- Stir in sugar and salt, then add tapioca and coconut milk.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
Serve warm or cold, decorated with optional ingredients.