m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
The internet recommends making your own polenta, but I had a tube of it from Trader Joe’s and I wanted an easy side for a chicken that was already in the oven, so I did the following.
- 1 tube polenta
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° (with convection).
- Generously oil a baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Slice the polenta into ¾" thick rounds.
- Rub the slices around in the oil (both sides).
- Sprinkle with spices. (Go easy on the red pepper flakes if they’re good ones.)
- Bake 20–30 minutes.
You can fry them in a pan, which I would have done if the oven weren’t already going.