m. c. de marco: To invent new life and new civilizations...
The New Kitchen Cookbook
I bought some okra at H-Mart even though Peter hates the slime, then I found a list of slime-free okra recipes. I went with the roasting recipe because Peter enjoys roasted veggies even when I think I’ve roasted them a bit too long.
I cut the recipe down and changed the oil because the okra was going with Japanese food.
- ½ lb. fresh okra
- ½ T. sesame oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 ½ scallions total, preferably the whiter bits of 3 or 4 scallions
- ¼ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°. If your okra needs washing, dry it well afterwards.
- Trim the tops off, then slice each okra in half lengthwise.
- Chop the scallion to match in length.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper for your convenience.
- Roast about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.